B is for Bethlehem: A Christmas Alphabet by Isabel Wilner

From the dust jacket summary: "A is for Augustus, emperor of Rome.... And so begins this lovely journey through the Nativity story, using the letters of the alphabet to highlight the people, places, and events associated with the birth of Jesus. Graceful couplets are paired with richly textured mixed-media collages to create a warm, yet reverent depiction of the first Christmas." 

Another of my top favorites, I remember this one from when I was little -- so much so that I was still able to mentally conjure up the title recently and find it. :) From A to Z (for Zest and living life with joy), the words are lilting and lovely. It's like a waltz, where the entire thing is just beautiful. I'm so happy to have it in our growing Advent book collection!

This one apparently goes in and out of print (I was able to buy a new hard back copy for around $10 last year), so it's worth keeping an eye on it.

For toddlers and up

Reviewed for The Literary Christmas Reading Challenge hosted by In the Bookcase.

(I'm so excited! I was actually able to get five books reviewed for this challenge! Definitely incentive to keep going with some reading/review challenges in 2021. Merry 7th Day of Christmas and Happy New Year! 🎄🎉)

Comments

  1. What intricate artwork :-o And congrats on getting 5 books reviewed for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment